Most people think that acupuncture is one of those therapies that you have to get completely undressed for. I’m here to tell you that that is an absolute myth. Most people usually keep 90-100% of their clothing on during an acupuncture session. Occasionally, I will politely ask you to remove an article of clothing so I can have better access to the part of your body that needs to be worked on. I always drape my patients and will provide you with as many drapes as you need to feel completely comfortable. Your comfort, safety, security are of the utmost importance to me which is why communication and feedback is always encouraged. Lastly, it is recommended that you wear or bring loose fitting clothing to your appointment in order to minimize the chance of you having to remove any additional articles of clothing. Examples of such clothing are sweatpants, yoga pants, shorts, t shirts and tank tops.
- Write down and bring any questions you have. We are here to help you.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing for easy access to acupuncture points.
- Do not eat large meals just before or after
- Refrain from overexertion, working out, drugs or alcohol for up to six hours after the visit.
- Avoid stressful situations. Make time to relax, and be sure to get plenty of rest.
- Between visits, take notes of any changes that may have occurred, such as the alleviation of pain, pain moving to other areas, or changes in the frequency and type of problems.